We take protecting your personal data very seriously and are dedicated to safeguarding your privacy, whether using our mobile applications, our website or communicating with us in any other way.
- What information we collect from you
- How your information is used
- How we store your information
- How you can access your information
Information we collect from you and how we use it
We collect information from you in order to show you relevant content and to deliver you the best customer experience we can when using our services.
We collect and process the following information:
Your personal information
This may be information that you provide to us when you register or update your profile, for example, your name and contact details, birthday, gender, postcode. This also includes any preferences you set which help determine the content we show you. We may also receive information about you from third parties such as our suppliers, contractors, agencies, or public websites.
Your spending data
We collect information about how you use our mobile applications and website. When you use our service to link to a third party site to purchase goods or services or to use a promotion, we’ll record how you’ve used it, where you’ve used it, what you bought and the date and time of use.
Your location data
We use location data to show you relevant content which is near to you. As a result, we may automatically receive and process this information. We use this information deliver better and more timely content to you. We do not retain real time location data.
Your technical data and cookies
We collect technical data for analysis such as IP address, browser or phone information, time-zone settings, operating system and platform data, as well as data on how you use our website and access partner websites, products, and services.
Your other information
We also collect data when you contact us, ask us for support or when you set your marketing and communication preferences.
How we use your information
We use information that we collect from you to better personalise our service to you and deliver the best experience we can. We do not share your personal information with any other company for its own marketing purposes unless we have your specific consent.
We also use the information:
- to let you know about content that we think you may be interested in. This can be via the app, emails, newsletters, push notifications, location-based messaging or SMS. You can use your communication preferences to opt out of these communications.
- to give us information about how people use our services, any support they need and what devices they use in order that we can ensure our service is the best it can be. We use Google Analytics to give us information about how people use our site and application.
- to share anonymised and aggregated statistical information with our suppliers to demonstrate what interest there has been in their marketing campaigns.
- for processing by other service providers and subcontractors, including payment processors, utility providers, suppliers of technical and support services, insurers, logistic providers, and cloud service providers.
- to comply with any applicable procedures, laws and regulations including dealing with any enquiries about use of personal information or any requests made for a copy of personal information we hold.
- for business administration, to enforce our legal rights, for fraud prevention or if we are under a duty to disclose to comply with any legal obligation or any lawful request from a legal authority.
Except as set out above, we do not share, sell, or rent any of your personal information to any third party without obtaining your consent.
The lawful basis for using your personal data
The lawful basis for using your personal information as described in this Policy is as follows:
Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform our obligations under any contract with you to deliver services; or our use of your personal information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations; or failing those, use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others where legitimate interests are:
- to run, grow and develop our business;
- to operate our website and our mobile applications;
- to carry out marketing, market research and business development;
- to place, track and ensure fulfilment of orders with our suppliers
- for internal administrative purposes
We may process your personal information in some cases for marketing purposes on the basis of your consent.
Security of information
We retain your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which we hold your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your personal information from loss, theft and misuse. As such, we take all reasonable physical and technological precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information.
The law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data. To exercise these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] at any time.
In accordance with applicable law, you may (a) request access to any personal data we hold about you; (b) request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked; (c) request that we delete personal data we hold about you; (d) request that we restrict our processing of your personal data; and (e) request that we provide you or a third party with a copy of certain personal data about you. You can also object to any of our uses of your personal data described in this policy, including our marketing activities. You may also revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data, to the extent consent was required and provided by you.
Certain personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances. If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
Changes to this policy
Snapsales Limited t/as Discover App (“our”, “us” or “we”), company number is 10799441, whose registered office is at Platform, New Station Street, Leeds, England, LS1 4JB, owns and operates the dscvr mobile applications and the discoverapp.co.uk website. Snapsales Limited is the controller of your personal information, and is responsible for your personal information.
If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, use or storage of your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact [email protected]. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any such complaint or dispute.